View Single Post
Old
03-15-2011, 09:43 AM
goman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushDP View Post
Drinking KoolAid is what comes to mind when i read your post.

The purpose of the discussions are to find consensus on reducing concussions not how to ascertain the gravity of them after the fact. Although that is commendable regadless.

The content of the 5 year plan is full of hot air. That you see solid stuff in there means you are buying the "glass hurt Patches not Chara" spiel. Sorry to blow your bubble but I can't remember the last time somebody nailed the stanchion at the Bell Centre and broke his neck. Blaming Bell Centre glass and the stanchion is juvenile and ridiculous. Our players play there 41 games per season and they seem fine. Besides, they were changing the glass anyway so why do people focus on this so much?

If I wasn't already convinced that the 5 point plan was meaningless you just convinced me of its uselessness.
Whoa, whoa, I've just convinced you the 5 point plan is meaningless because...I think there's some good ideas in there? I don't understand.

And saying I think rinks should have better safety standards means I think the glass hurt Patches and not Chara? You're acting as if this 5 point plan was meant to specifically address that particular incident and not the issue as a whole.

For the record, I think Chara DID mean to do what he did...but I still think there's a safety hazard in the Bell Centre. I think both parts of the equation should be addressed.

And you don't think there's a problem with the rink because no one else has broken their neck there? So...if another guy breaks his neck in the same spot...will you consider it a problem then? I just don't understand how I'm being the illlogical one here. I'm not critisizing the organization, or defending the NHL's treatment of this Chara/Pacioretty hit. I'm not just saying we should be doing what we can to improve safety around the league and increasing safety standards for the rinks sounds like a good idea.

goman is offline   Reply With Quote