Old
03-15-2011, 01:12 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
I don't think it's a given that Leighton will be with the Phantoms next year, but we're having some cap issues as far as I can grasp and I don't think he's thought of too fondly by the management due to that whole covering-up-injury-business. If we can find a goalie that will sign for less and give what can be expected out of Leighton I think we'll go that route, be that Boucher or someone else. Leighton might still not be with the Phantoms of course, he'd have to go through waivers after all, also Homer has had a tendency in the past to make sure guys gets a second chance elsewhere.

How about Jose Theodore? He's having a decent season in Minnesota as far as I can tell, and would probably push Bobrovsky for the starter position.

That might not be terrible, actually. I think I like it if Boosh doesn't return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
I don't think it's a matter of "letting him walk" and I'm sure they would like to sign him. I just think he's going to get some good offers, especially if he does well in the playoffs, that the Flyers won't be able to afford to match.

I'm also not sure about them not being too worried about burning Leighton's salary in the AHL. $1.5 million is a lot of money to pay a guy to play in the AHL.
Ah, seems we are pretty much on the same page. I just get the feeling that Leighton is the odd man out in the end, and this organization hasn't ever been shy about spending. They probably consider Bob the future, and I imagine they'd like to have someone better and more experienced than MFL to mentor Bob. Part of the reason I like Boucher is that I believe he gets that, and accepts his role.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote