View Single Post
Old
03-15-2011, 02:57 PM
xxxZENxxx

vCash: 500
Many Rangers fans love Dubi, because they see him banging opposing players on the ice and often controlling the puck in the offensive zone for long stretches. Fans don't always care about looking past anything more than that... which is fine. He is a good 2nd line player. My issue with Dubi is that he is not a smart player and that is what is keeping him from being more. He often makes very poor decisions on the ice with the puck (passing & shooting). While being able to control the puck is a plus, those bad decisions often negate scoring chances he should be creating with that control and often lead to opposing rushes the other way. If I had a penny for every time the guy shot from an awful angle to trap 4 players in the zone or to kill a PP opportunity... I would be rich. You can see his issues with playing smart also expand to taking dumb penalties at really bad times... and you can see that it drives Torts nuts. Until he can somehow manage to play smarter (which is tough to teach someone), he will never be the 1st line player that most Ranger fans want him to be. It is a good sign, though, that his inconsistency issues are far less of a problem this year and he doesn't necessarily disappear for long stretches when he is not scoring. He is at least noticeable most of the time.

xxxZENxxx is offline   Reply With Quote