View Single Post
Old
03-15-2011, 03:04 PM
aghockey86

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyflu View Post
I have no doubt that this 22 year old kid, who by all accounts, is the hardest of hard workers. And wants nothing more than to prove that he is one of the best, competing against the best in the world, will do everything, everything, in his power to be the best.

He's starting to get it. He's starting to understand the north american game. Maybe I'm the only one, but I noticed a huge turning point for him the other night. When one of the Thrashers forwards came out from behind the net, he was down in the butterfly, hugging the ice like he always does, and in that moment, a light clicked on, he got upright just as the shot was taken. It was ticketed for the corner, blocker high. He made the save with his shoulder. That was the moment he started to get it.

No doubt this kid is our starter next year, and for years to come.
Agreed 100%, i noticed that and thought the same thing, not to mention his puck handling has definitely been getting better over the past few weeks too.

I'm sure that continued work with Reese over the summer and playing the N.A. game will vastly improve his vision, his reflexes are already great along with his athleticism. Hopefully it all pans out, he's got great character, and doesn't seem to let himself get too bent out of shape about mistakes either.

aghockey86 is offline   Reply With Quote