View Single Post
Old
03-15-2011, 05:44 PM
Whiskeypete

vCash: 500
DL and Hex can keep them down as long as they are under contract.

a team will usually carry an extra D man and two forwards during the season.

over the summer i expect to see at minimum one trade among the D. i think it will center entirely around DL's assessment of VV and where he will land next season. i think this also revolves around if VV's ultimatum to LA about returning to RUS is real or not.

he is highly coveted by other teams and LA has been patiently awaiting his development.
-if VV is ready to make the line up then DL has 1 to 2 players he can move
-if VV is questionable (say 50/50) then he will either bounce back and forth from LA/MAN and the #6 spot will be a revolving door. this would result in only 1 D being moved.
-if VV isn't ready for LA, if he isn't seen as a 'higher upside' than AMart he gets shopped

Hickey and Muzzin are in the picture, but there has been so much discussion on VV's upside i think the others get left in the dust. like most top tier teams in the league my speculation is that Murray and DL want to have 3 solid PMD in the line up. AMart has brought us closer to this, but if they feel VV is close to Alex and ready for the NHL they may make this move.

DL imo at this point has the option of moving Wiskie and AMart, both NHL proven D men. will Dean move one or both of them, if he feels Voynov is ready for the jump. the concern with moving both is the loss of NHL experience in the #6 spot. is he and the team ready to take this leap of faith? AMart settled this spot down for the club this past season and as the expectations for the team rise they need stability here.

the kids....the logjam in MAN is a terrific problem to have. LA has Muzzin, VV, DesLauriers and Hickey at the top of the heap. all four are playing for one POSSIBLE spot in LA. the combo of DL, Hex, TMu, and Emerson have some decisions to make. do any of these four have the current ability to unseat AMart and Wiskie? is the upside of these guys make someone else a tradeable asset, or will they them self be seen as tradeable? don't forget that Forbort is still likely 2 seasons to go at ND if not 3 (3 will take him through his senior season).

i find it interesting the logjam that is building in net for LA isn't being discussed much. if Jones and Zatkoff's development continue it's going to bring the same in the net. JB seems to have settled into the NHL game and hopefully starts to push JQ. Jones has pushed past Z already in MAN and how soon will he start to push on JB?

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote