View Single Post
Old
03-15-2011, 06:39 PM
Scurr

vCash: 500
I think we are very likely to see a D corps of Hamhuis, Edler, Bieksa, Ehrhoff, Salo, Albets and Rome next season. I say that because Gillis has shown that he keeps the players he wants. First, he only wants players that are about winning and the team and second he has created the culture that he originally talked about. Players want to play here even if it means talking the 10-20% shave that he demands.

I think if Ehrhoff decides he doesn't want to tow the party line Gillis will drive him to the airport and keep Ballard. Otherwise I think Ballard is on his way out. AV has earned enough rope to have some input on the roster and he obviously isn`t a Ballard fan.

I don`t see the Bieksa signing being a problem based on him wanting to be here, his standing with his teammates and coaches and his being the kind of player Gillis wants as far as character etc.

Salo is an interesting one. I`m guessing that he`ll take a discount and the Canucks would love to have him at the right price. He would no longer be a core player plus the team has the depth in young players to plan for the inevitible injurie(s).

I love that core going forward and imo they`re all still going to improve.

Scurr is offline   Reply With Quote