View Single Post
Old
10-12-2003, 06:02 PM
SmokeyClause

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsFan77
I was curious as to why Vokoun played the puck on the Modano goal, the guys had been out on the PK for about a minute and could've used a change. Other than that, I felt that they really didn't play with the same intensity that they did against the Ducks.

Agreed, we had stopped that PP but then... I wish he wouldn't handle the puck so much. He's just so bad at it. I wish he was as good as Lasak in that department.

And it really isn't Legwands fault on that play. You have no idea how hard it is to have to switch shoulders to find a pass, judge the pass, stop and corral it off the boards. It's incredibly hard to judge because you're not getting a great look at it to begin with. Meanwhile, the Dman that was backing him up notices the bad pass well before Legwand but sees it the whole way and can judge it much better. Legwand was hung out to dry and while he could have made the play, to expect him to might be asking too much. It's almost like expecting the point man to keep the puck in the zone by batting the puck down mid-air with his stick.