View Single Post
Old
03-15-2011, 09:25 PM
drownedsailors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2000z28 View Post
Just got done watching the caps-habs game since the flyers feed was choppy as hell. It just seems we are one of the slowest teams out there in terms of speed and competitiveness for the last few months or so. It just seems almost every team i watch is on the next gear while we seem to be stuck in reverse and la la land. Seems like we got lucky again tonight and we did. Florida was all over us and the announcers in the 3rd period with a few minutes left were saying i guess Philly is happy to sit back on this lead as they aren't showing any signs of offense. Its getting bad when you have a league rep now that if you just skate a bit harder, you'll crush our morale and we will fold.

I can watch any nhl game and watch any flyers game lately and the flyers just look like they are doing a warmup skate compared to almost every other team. I actually saw versteeg which some jump on the forecheck and i was like wow, it would be nice if they all skated like that for 60 mins.

That game was fast because both Washington and Montreal are two fast teams. Montreal always skates fast because they have fast forwards, and Washington has huge forwards that can cover great lengths of the ice. Having speed doesn't mean anything unless you have finish; Montreal has countless odd man rushes caused by their speed but they rarely score on them because they don't have a lot of finish.

I mean look at Boston; they're far from being a fast team. They use their big bodies to cycle well and play sound defensively and that's how they win games and remain a true contender. Yes, speed factors into the Flyers system; but our system doesn't revolve around speed.

drownedsailors is offline   Reply With Quote