View Single Post
03-15-2011, 09:42 PM
Give 'em Enough Rope
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
The Good -
- Ward and Miller. Miller had the harder chances and came up with some steller saves. Ward had a lot to the outside and was very calming for the 'Canes.
- Myers. I haven't checked the ToI, but he was one of the few Sabres skating, taking the body and doing much of anything after the first period.
- Mancari putting Ruutu on his ass after Ruutu ran Sekera.
The Bad -
- So many opportunities, so few good chances.
- Their passing was off most of the night.
- PP retrievals and motion were almost non-existent.
- The Niedermayer goalie interference penalty was... dubious at best.
The Ugly -
- Montador left us with a flashback to last year's Western road trip tonight. He was beyond bad.
- As bad as Kaleta has played of late, they missed the element of physical play he ignites in the team. Too many times people pealed off rather than finish a check. I'm not looking for board-rattling hits, just finish a hit and knock your man down. Myers did it. Weber had a few moments, as did Gaustad. But the rest of the team was woefully unprepared or unwilling for any sort of physical game.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Chainshot