03-15-2011, 10:47 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1403
Tim P.'s article with some quotes:

http://www.csnphilly.com/03/15/11/Fl...539&feedID=695

Quote:
“We kind of weathered the storm,” Boucher said. “We were unhappy to be down 2-1, but we took the game over in the second.”

Needing a lift, Dan Carcillo opened the second period with a fight against Mike Duco to get the Flyers going. A minute after the fight, Giroux had a hit in the neutral zone which saw the puck go into the Panthers’ end. Carter retrieved it and shot from the high slot off Tomas Vokoun’s glove hand. The puck bounced across the goal line at 4:42 to tie the game.

So often this season, we’ve seen Laviolette use his timeout and then the Flyers come back with a goal on the ensuing shift. He used his timeout with 4:44 left to give his team a breather.

Sure enough, Carter notched his second goal of the period seven seconds later to give the Flyers a 3-2 lead at 15:23.

“Lavy looks like a genius every time,” said Carter, who has four goals in as many games.

The goal was an odd-man rush nicely executed by Briere, who gave Carter a backhanded pass in the crease.

“That was a fluky play on our part,” Briere said. “I saw before the faceoff, their winger and defenseman kind of nodded at each other. I thought they had a special play coming up, better be careful…

“He poked the puck back to the defenseman as he was going in and I looked up and there was no body there. I just tried to get down [ice] as quick as I could.”
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...#ixzz1GjjGha4X

Quote:
Trailing by 2-1, the Flyers seemed lifeless until Carcillo decisioned Mike Duco with 16:14 remaining in the second period.

Just 57 seconds later, Vokoun allowed a soft goal - Carter's shot bounced off the goalie's glove and trickled into the net - enabling the Flyers to tie it at 2-2.

"There's times when to fight, and times when not to fight, and I thought that was a good time." Carcillo said. "I kind of know [Duco] from when we were younger, and I asked him to go, and that was that."

The Flyers were flat before the fight. Carter scored two second-period goals (his 31st and 32d) shortly thereafter.

"It always feels good when you fight and the guys respond like that," Carcillo said.

The Flyers were coming off one of the most embarrassing losses in franchise history, Saturday's 5-4 overtime defeat to Atlanta. It was the first time since 1987 that they had lost after taking at least a three-goal lead into the third period.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 03-16-2011 at 12:15 AM.
MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote