View Single Post
Old
03-16-2011, 09:02 AM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
Horn is 24, SK is 23, Spaling is 22, and Wilson is 21. If those are our experienced guys... We are young man.

Fisher, Legwand, Erat, Tootoo, and Smithson are the only true vets that I see on this team (outside of JP who rarely plays). This is a young team. I actually think I read somewhere we are the 2nd youngest in the NHL behind NYI.
Youth and NHL game experience are two different things. SK has been in the league how long now? I know what you're saying about the actual age but I'm going on game experience.

Funny thing is you watch guys like Blum and Spaling and you don't note their age because of the maturity in their games but then I watch Franson and Wilson and shudder. Heck, even SOB who is somewhat of a seasoned vet I cringe at.

I don't know, I watched this game and felt the team was pretty uninspired for a large part of the game and in a playoff race, you can't take your foot off the pedal for more than a few seconds or the other team will pass you by. It's a 60 minute game this time of year and I think we may have played hard for about 25-30 minutes of it. The first period and from when we scored the second goal til the end of the game. That's not going to get it done, regardless of youth, experience or skill. Have to have the effort for a full 60.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote