View Single Post
Old
03-16-2011, 09:09 AM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
couple of things....

1. after the physical flurry we had at the end of the first, you could see both refs talking to shea as he skated to the bench. then the first shift of the second both talk to tootoo. I don't think trotz had anything to do with it, I think the refs took control of the game before the hits got real dirty. Sucks for us since we were the ones banging real well, but the refs did their job for once. kudos to them.

2. if ward is out any length of time, kostitsyn needs to skate with legwand and erat. ward and hornquist, while we want to put on blinders and think they play the same game because both are found around ur net, don't. Ward is tough on the boards and is smart about when to go to the net. Hornquist is not. It is either take a weak slapshot from the top of the faceoff circle that is unscreened or go to the front of the net and get mugged. He is terrible on the boards. And he is slower than ward, which doesn't help things either. Kostitstyn is much quicker, and sadly, stronger on the boards. I think i think those three would be solid. I would like to see smithson-spaling-halischuck on a line and fisher-hornquist-tootoo. for some reason I just have a feeling those three could work together.

3. I think the loudest pop anything got last night was the weatherman for his beautiful forecast.
If that's the case then Trotz needs to be on the refs and be like, those were good clean hits and you can't have the refs saying we can't play that way. That's BS. It seems to happen every game though. While I don't want to see cheap hits, both the hits at the end of the first were good clean hits. Other teams play physical and get away with that, why do we have to accept that? It's a physical game. The refs certainly let Hornqvist get pummeled night after night without warning to the opposition so why does it only pertain to us? Trotz needs to send a message to the refs if they're going to regulate our play, the opposition needs to have the same warning.

What was it, last game that Hornqvist gets crosschecked into the air on a PP and no call? The inconsistency of the refs is unbearable sometimes. They let a lot of interference plays go by the way side last night. We had guys dumping and going for the puck and getting held up physically with no calls.

I agree on points 2 and 3 wholeheartedly.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote