View Single Post
Old
03-16-2011, 09:24 AM
utmfisher19

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Youth and NHL game experience are two different things. SK has been in the league how long now? I know what you're saying about the actual age but I'm going on game experience.

It's a 60 minute game this time of year and I think we may have played hard for about 25-30 minutes of it. The first period and from when we scored the second goal til the end of the game. That's not going to get it done, regardless of youth, experience or skill. Have to have the effort for a full 60.
On your first point. I still disagree about NHL experience. There is a reason why these guys go to the AHL for a while before they get to the NHL. They have to learn to be a professional and be consistent -- whether that is at the NHL or AHL level it takes time. They are still young. You can't just "skip" youth by adding NHL experience.

On your 2nd point, I agree that we didn't play a 60 minute game. But I felt like we played at least a 40-45 minute game. At what point do you give it to LA? Their size and forecheck KILLED our wingers on the boards in the d-zone all night long. It wasn't because of effort. The effort was there... LA had their legs churning and we didn't (because we were trapped in our d-zone and chasing the puck) at that point.

Calm down guys. It is one flipping game. One point out of 8th with 12 games to go. Let's try and take one (I say take one because I give us the underdog against Boston) point or win on Thursday.

Token: I agree about Horn. He killed that line all night long. Leggy and Erat need someone to go into the dirty areas and fish the puck out from the corners and go to the net. I wish Wilson would sharpen his game so that he could do it. I even think Fisher might could do it for these guys. But we know Fisher and Leggy wouldn't ever be on the same line. So I agree, I do think it should be SK. They would at least be good at passing and puck possession in the O-zone.

Last edited by utmfisher19: 03-16-2011 at 09:37 AM. Reason: 12 games and not 11 games left
utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote