View Single Post
Old
03-16-2011, 09:29 AM
Montag DP
Sabres fan in...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerFan1 View Post
Idk I just look at 70% chance and think that's a pretty damn good chance to make it. I think we have an okay chance to make it... but not a pretty good chance.

I don't know I'm not even saying 50/50. It could happen and it could not. A lot of things should be taken into consideration when making that opinion. I just see and hear people spouting off these numbers making it sound like we have a outstanding chance to make the playoffs.

Did those figures take into effect that we have 12 games in 22 days starting on Saturday? Did it take into effect that 7 of those 12 games are at home where we have a losing record? Carolina still has 8 games at home where they are 18-11-4.

I'm not trying to nit pick, but seeing people throw around a 70% chance of making the playoffs stat is a bit premature IMO.
The number is based on statistical simulations. In those simulations, the Sabres make the playoffs 70% of the time given the current standings. Of course, I don't think it takes things like fatigue or injury into account, but it's at least a pretty decent guess.

Montag DP is offline   Reply With Quote