View Single Post
Old
03-16-2011, 12:15 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garv23 View Post
The good news about Avery's penalties was that was 6 minutes we gained on-sides.

And I don't think Tortorella overreacted at all. There was still a good chunk of time left and the Isles can score goals. I was nervous as hell when he got that last penalty. Haley definitely helped out that boarding call, but Aves should know better especially with recent events and how sensitive a play this is anymore.

I don't know what to think of Aves now. I've always liked the guy. When he's on, he's real effective, but those games seem few and far between these days. He just doesn't seem in it 100%.

What do I know though? I just watch the games.
I can't believe you are serious. Up by 4 goals with less than 5 minutes remaining and you were actually nervous? You honestly thought for a second that the game wasn't over even if the Isles scored a pp goal?

Torts wasn't worried about losing the game, he was worried about stupid play. Had this been any other night (unless we were playing washington) we wouldn't be up by 4 goals and a dumb play like that could mean the difference between a win and a loss. The game at hand was over and done and everyone knew that.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote