View Single Post
Old
03-16-2011, 11:52 AM
DrAStuart

vCash: 500
I don't think Torts' reaction on the third penalty was just about that penalty...I think it had more to do with a guy playing a total of 7:18 during the game and taking 6:00 minutes of penalties...Luckily Prust took the lemon Avery handed the team and made lemonade with the first one and the Islanders goal on the third one was too little too late. But for a guy who is trying to play himself back onto the line-up he didn't do himself any favours last night.
I just don't buy the whole "Torts hates him", "Torts has neutered him", "Torts has wrecked him" line. When Avery has his head together and plays smart there is no better guy out there drawing penalties and getting the opposition off their game (and who can contribute some nice offensive plays as well). When he doesn't have it together he can be a huge liability. The only saving grace of last night was that the rest of the team (despite some lapses) played great. Avery's performance last night is on him, not on Torts. I think he'll have some time to mull that over in press box...

The question for Torts right now is pretty simple -- someone has to sit, who is it gonna be? Unfortunately, Avery made answering that question a little easier last night...there are still other possibilities, but you have to think that Avery's name moved up the list...

DrAStuart is offline   Reply With Quote