View Single Post
Old
03-16-2011, 01:36 PM
Cartsiephan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
I love Laviolette as a coach. However, I am wondering if his system, his attitude toward the type of game the Flyers play best is causing an issue. I am not questioning the guys, I am saying.....has Laviolette gotten through to be disciplined, not do anything on the edge and now we are seeing the result.....the team is playing without passion and seems "bored".

Seriously - are you all enjoying the Flyer games the past month or two? I know I am not! Seems like something is missing .
That is on the players, not the coach, stop looking at the coach as the issue here. He fell on the sword last week and said he overworked the guys(no chance he really believes that), gave the boys a chance to recharge the batteries and yet somehow the same results. Guys are not executing, his style of play requires guys to skate hard, not overextend their shifts, and work hard.

Coach and GM also called them out for "complacency". When talking about players on a sports team that is more likely a bunch of guys who do not want to work hard and listen to direction over coaching issues. I thought Laviolette's window with this crew was going to be 3 years, maybe this group is even more pathetic than I orginally thought?

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote