Nucks future 1C??

vCash: 500
Håkan Loob, RW

Position: Right Wing
HT/WT: 5'10", 180 lbs
Shoots: Right
Nickname(s): "Loober", "Lucky Loob"

- Stanley Cup Champion (1989)
- 1 acknowledgment for the First NHL All-Star Team (1988)
- Swedish World All-Star Team (1983, 1985, 1990, 1991, 1992)
- Swedish Player of the Year (1983)
- NHL All-Rookie Team (1984)
- 193 goals, 429 regular season points in 450 games played.
- 26 goals, 54 playoff points in 73 games played.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends of Hockey
In 1981, at the age of 21, Loob was playing for Farjestad when they won the Swedish Championship but he really made his mark in the 1982-83 season. Farjestad was then at its zenith having one of the best five-man lineup in all of Elitserien. The quintet became the asset of the season and the agile Hakan Loob was its driving force.
Quote:
In the 1987-88 season, he became the first Swedish player to score 50 goals in the NHL regular season. Besides that, he had 56 assists to his credit, racking up a total of 106 points. An achievement that the present generation of Swedish players in the NHL can still be proud of.
Quote:
For Loob and all Swedish hockey fans, 1987 was an especially memorable year. At the World Championship in Vienna, Tre Kronor won the gold after a hiatus of 25 years, largely thanks to the efforts of Hakan Loob.

The Swedish nationals, under the leadership of senior coach Tommy Sandlin, were a well-balanced and powerful team with an excellent lineup of players that year. Hakan Loob was a standout.
Quote:
Returning to Farjestad in 1989, Loob continued to play the key role in the lineup of his native team, achieving one more gold medal at the 1991 World Championship as well as an Olympic gold medal at Lillehammer, Norway, in 1994. That gold medal became Loob's crowning achievement. He'd won practically every gold medal that a hockey player could dream of, including the championship of Sweden, the World Championship, the Winter Olympics and the Stanley Cup. Only two other Swedish hockey players have equaled such an achievement, defenseman XXXXX XXXXXXX and forward Mats Naslund.
Quote:
During Loob's days in Calgary, the drawn-out chant of “Loooooooob! Loooooooob!’’ echoed throughout the Saddledome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Nieuwendyk
"He just had such a great amount of skill, He could do things none of the rest of us could. The luckiest thing that happened to me was getting put on Hakan Loob’s line my first full year in Calgary. He helped me so much, starting my career the right way. A big reason why I scored 50".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrafted
How good was Loober? How do you define ‘good?’

He was a good player on a team full of good players. He could produce. Great vision. Went into the tough areas. Smart. Could make plays. And, as I said, produce.

What else is there?’

Not much, when you think about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrafted
"At that time, a lot of people still had Swedes stereotyped as soft, Loober broke that mould. He was tough. He did go into the corners. He wouldn’t take any crap.’’

Velociraptor is offline   Reply With Quote