View Single Post
Old
03-16-2011, 04:43 PM
gravytrain6t

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Prospect is a prospect.

Not a big fan of the kid but it wouldn't make sense to neglect giving him an ELC.
Yea, it's worth a shot. But I think there was significantly more hype surrounding his brother Chris (just look at what Hf had to say regarding the talent levels between the 2 brothers). I know too a certain extent, hype is hype. The player may not even live up to nearly half of the build up when all is said and done.
Chris's stats playing pro hockey in the AHL is much more impressive than what Ryan has been doing (although his stats are okay)in the Quebec league.

What's more puzzling to me, is that Chris never got a legitimate shot in the NHL. AAMOF, he ditched the league for the KHL...I understand Wash. is loaded. But no other team wanted to go get him? hmmm...like the offensively challenged Rangers? Surprising, even after Chris won a Calder Cup, and built upon his pro. hockey resume further, by winning the NHL equivalent to the Conn Smythe Trophy.

IDK, to me Ryan does seem like another 3rd or 4th line prospect. However, if he has lots of speed, and gets the opportunity to play with kids who can fly like Kreider or Hagelin, maybe they can cause a whole lot of turnovers.

Last edited by gravytrain6t: 03-16-2011 at 05:41 PM.
gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote