View Single Post
Old
03-16-2011, 09:58 PM
aceface33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Of course it has an impact. In the second of a back-to-back most teams have a win% far below their season win%. And when the second is on a road, the win% is very low (I saw the numbers a month ago, but can't seem to find them now). And our past ownership insisted on Friday night home games, which usually meant Saturday night road games. I joked that this was the result of a crack study by Quinn and Golisano finding that fans drink more beer on Fridays, hence more concession money. But, in all seriousness, it puts the team at a great competitive disadvantage, and it needs to be remedied.

I continue to implore people to pepper the suggestion box regarding this issue. Whatever needs to happen for us to have fewer back-to-backs should happen.
It's not about drinking beer. More people can go to games on weekends. I'm at the point now where I can pretty much only go to games on the weekend. I sell 95% of my tickets at this point, and weekend games always go for about 2 times more than weekday games. The team can charge more on their variable pricing as well. So when you look at weekend games, it's a win-win really- more fans can go, and the team can make more money.

The problem is in the Northeast division if you want to have a weekend game it has to be more often than not on Friday or Sunday b/c the three Canadian teams monopolize those Saturday nights. So the option is either have dramatically fewer weekend games (less revenue, less fans can go) or move out of the Northeast division.

Actually, the Sabres did seem to have a lot more Saturday night games at home this year which was a positive.

aceface33 is offline   Reply With Quote