Old
03-17-2011, 05:18 AM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingStone View Post
I think the most important things coming into next year is this:

1. We need to acquire a #1 defenseman and another dynamic young player to compliment what we've got.

2. Give me 5 good reasons why Atlanta wouldn't do Gagner for Kane? Really... why? I asked this in the summer and Gags is still outproducing Kane and they're basically the same age. However, the Oilers need a power guy like Kane more.

3. Rask.

4. Brian Lee.

SOLUTIONS

I. We should grab Brent Burns from the Minnesota Wild. What will it take? You guys decide. For now, I think he would be the #1 dman the Oilers are looking for.

To help accelerate the youth movement, we should also look to add Jeff Skinner. He would really compliment Hall and we should throw everything we have at Carolina to make this happen.

Basically, what I'm saying is that if we add Burns & Skinner, the Oilers will make the playoffs next year.

II. Gagner for Kane straight up. I've been asking for it for so long but it never happens. Why? Just do it Tambellini.

III. Trade whatever we have to Boston for Tuuka Rask. That guy is pretty good and would be our #1 goalie for many years.

IV. Cogliano for Brian Lee = no more Strudwick.

Thoughts?

A Rask will cost us Eberle +--Ignore Thomas's --his age is his greatest liabilty. BB's have made it clear unless you are offering blue chip prospects--you wont get Rask

B)gagner for Kane--reasons why Thrashers don't do it
1)Kane has more grit then Gagner
2)Kane's upside is greater
3)Kane is developing into a go to guy--Gagner looks to be more of the side kick on the top two line
4)Kane will be a better goal scorer
5)kane is turning into a better two way player then Gagner

c) Lee was on waivers twice

d) Top D-man? No **** really--I believe that this ENTIRE board has talked about it for two years

e) Wild fans when talking about Burns make it clear--if we want him they come back and ask for 2011 top pick. Burns is a UFA in 2 years--so I am against trading for him because he could walk and what it will cost to get him will out back the rebuild

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote