View Single Post
Old
03-17-2011, 03:06 PM
spudboy

vCash: 500
Purcell could never win a puck battle. Not the kind of guy the Kings wanted. Especially, when he couldn't produce on any line. He was given chances on all 4. He has good vision and passing ability on the PP, but I still didn't miss him when he was traded.

Boyle should have been given a chance on the bottom 6. He wasn't. As soon as we voted that he should start the season as the #3 center on this board, he was traded. Still, seeing as he stunk his first season with the Rangers, he probably would have with the Kings that season, too.

Moulson was producing ok. The Kings were insisting that he improve his defense, and only played him 7 games his last season with them. Again, I think they should have given him more games, and seen what he could do. That said, it did hurt that they were lacking a scoring LW this year, but that has been filled by, IMO, a better one, in Penner.

So, now I just think that this shows the talent and depth the Kings now have. Before, former Kings ended up as 4th line scrubs on other teams for a year or two, and then out of the NHL. Where's Derek Armstrong now?

Last edited by spudboy: 03-17-2011 at 03:14 PM.
spudboy is offline   Reply With Quote