View Single Post
Old
03-17-2011, 05:09 PM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I'd rather sell high with Boyle than AA, in your scenario. Anisimov would be a perfect 3rd line defensive center on a very good team, and he has more skill then Boyle - so keep that.

You probably could get about the same return back if you offered either of them considering Boyle scored 20 this year. Not sure hell duplicate that again.
Hockeybased
Normally I agree with you on a lot of points but anisimov is extremely overrated defensively. Watch the 2nd islander goal from the last game for a classic example. His backcheck was totally lackluster and he was behind. He easily could have taken a hooking penalty to stop that goal but he didn't as he didn't do anything. Remember that play he went down to block a shot a few games ago and it hit him and it ended up in the net. He was attempting to block that shot because dubinsky does the down low work a center does since AA is not strong enough. AA is not good on face-offs and Boyle is plus Boyle uses his size and plays a physical game this team is built around. Boyle is very very underrated on this board for his defensive play and AA is overrated because dubinsky does half his job for him. If we have to trade one of them i prefer AA as he will be exposed as a 3rd line center without solid defensive wingers like dubi and Callahan doing all the work.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote