View Single Post
Old
03-17-2011, 07:33 PM
satrabyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
Hockeybased
Normally I agree with you on a lot of points but anisimov is extremely overrated defensively. Watch the 2nd islander goal from the last game for a classic example. His backcheck was totally lackluster and he was behind. He easily could have taken a hooking penalty to stop that goal but he didn't as he didn't do anything. Remember that play he went down to block a shot a few games ago and it hit him and it ended up in the net. He was attempting to block that shot because dubinsky does the down low work a center does since AA is not strong enough. AA is not good on face-offs and Boyle is plus Boyle uses his size and plays a physical game this team is built around. Boyle is very very underrated on this board for his defensive play and AA is overrated because dubinsky does half his job for him. If we have to trade one of them i prefer AA as he will be exposed as a 3rd line center without solid defensive wingers like dubi and Callahan doing all the work.
WOW trade AA over Boyle. Lets see AA played with Shelly and Prust at the end of last year and that line was the most successful line down the stretch. People really have to take a better look at the game. Sure Dubi does a lot out there as does Cally, but AA creates space for them, hes consistent in his movement, always in position and allows both his wingers more freedom. Hes always hanging high, raraly get caught. Trust me Dubi and Cally arent perfect and both have moments esp Dubi at times, i still think hes a great player but he makes a fair share of mistakes. All i kno is AA has potential to be even better with added strength. Sure Boyle played well but cmon. What happens next year when Boyle struggles and AA picks up 60 points on another team. What then?

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote