Old
07-31-2005, 12:25 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SML
Every swing can't be a home run. It's about time we started putting some men on base. This is a good, virtually sure fire bet to be a solid NHL citizen for 10-15 yrs. Even if he's no Larry Robinson, he sounds like a James Patrick who's still playing into his 40's. Even though I hated JP, if I had the choice between a gamble like Latendresse or the sure thing like Staal, I think Staal is the right choice. Even if he doesnt fit in here, he's still an asset that could play out somewhere down the road. I didn't like it at first, but I have been wrong many times. Hell, I was cursing Neil Smith for drafting Kovalev. Do you know who I wanted??? Brent Bilodeau. That's why they are the pros and I am not.
Great post, SML.

I admit I was interested in Bourett but I never really thought that Staal was a choice. Bourett seems like an exciting guy but he's got more of a chance to be Todd Harvey than he does Brenden Morrow. It's nice that a guy likes to hit, but at his size, hitting grown men is differnet from hitting kids in juniors.