View Single Post
Old
03-18-2011, 01:34 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
Sure, I'd love to go to more games, but I just don't think paying market value for something that isn't in crazy high demand "lucky". You and I are in different situations then the people at Staples tonight. Probably more then 99% of those people in that building were local. They could go to as many games as they want as long as they fork over the money for gas, tickets, parking, food, and their time. Those are valuable assets and when you give up those assets and see a team roll over like they did, booing is going to happen.
Right and in that they even have the opportunity to do so I count them lucky. That's my point and again I understand its expensive, I had season seats for the kings for a few years (those were fabulous forum days) and to me I always thought it was more of an honor to have an NHL team to cheer for that I could go and see whenever I wanted.

I was young enough to where it was absurdly expensive for me to have season tickets but I made the sacrifices to go and see the team in person and try to help cheer them on to a win and back then it was *any* win.

We were truly and pretty much *always* lousy back then but it didn't matter to me or most of the people at most of the games that I went to. I can honestly say that I can't remember our team being boo'd off the ice after the second period back then.

It was an embarrassment to my way of thinking but like I have said, everyone else is equally entitled to their own opinion. I just can't find any way to agree with the idea that you are doing anything positive by showing your team how much you think that they suck. I don't see how you expect them to do any better when you do so.

I can't see how it is alright to ask the team to give their all in trying to win for you the fan when you aren't willing to support them to the end. Play to the whistle player but cheer only when we are winning?

To me that is where the disconnect seems to be.