View Single Post
Old
03-18-2011, 08:05 AM
Felonious Python
Still Drej

vCash: 500
I see today that the Lightning are already using a card system, but I think they can take it one step further by allowing those cards to function as an alternative to the RFID chips, should we find those too big brothery.

Quote:
Season Tickets - Pay In Full

Stash the cash and flash the card to bag must-have Lightning merchandise and memorabilia (ready for inking at one of many autograph sessions). When you pay your season ticket balance in full by March 25th, 2011, you'll receive 3% of your net season ticket holder account value in Forum Funds.
http://lightning.nhl.com/club/page.h...tbl-int:header

I can actually see such cards becoming collectors items in themselves, especially if there was some degree of individual uniqueness to them (having a specific player's photo, coloring, season, etc.)

Imagine if they had already been around. Who wouldn't want to have a Marty cardy specific to the 2003-04 season? That's like instant street cred in your wallet.

It could also serve as an unofficial survey for the team of who STH's are liking the most at that moment. They can then base future giveaways around that information, etc.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 03-19-2011 at 07:28 AM.