View Single Post
Old
03-18-2011, 01:34 PM
phillyfanatic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Just wondering, the 1970's get a lot of hoopla as to the Stanley Cup teams, but the 1980's were brutal because they were teams you could really stand up and cheer for, totally entertaining and a very hard working group but lost to two dynasty's: Isles and Oilers. I think a lot of people who witnessed the teams of the 1980's were spoiled in a way that the current roster just does not live up to.

And last night was another example of how the team is to be held accountable. The coach gave them wednesday off, no morning skate yesterday, and they managed to get no shots on goal in the first 5+ minutes? For a team with so much talent and skill it just seems like they are sleepwalking through games.
You are not going to get an argument from me there. I am really pissed at how this team is walking through this season. There is so much skill yet for some reason this group thinks they can coast from game 40 to game 82 and then turn it back on in the playoffs.

If they keep this up, we will finish 5th. And if we finish 5th, no cup for us. I am really hoping that this next week the Flyers play hard fast and physical. Leave it all out there and play for 60 minutes. Then we will see if we are better than the best teams in the East.

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote