View Single Post
Old
03-18-2011, 01:43 PM
BabyJagrov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
No one is given a full time job regardless of what it appears like (Gudbranson or Ellerby). And we shouldnt just assume anyone is penciled in or "locks" for any roster spots. Tallon could just as easily traded Weaver or Garrison in the offseason.

Gudbranson had basically earned a spot this past yr in camp so I see no reason why he wouldnt earn that spot this yr, baring a bad camp. Sulzer is a possibility to be signed but he wont prevent Gudbranson from making the roster. The only way I could see Gudbranson not making it, is if Tallon signs 2-3 top flight d-men this summer.

Also I dont expect Tallon to re-sign Wilson or Callahan but probably look for replacements for the AHL...depending on the affiliation situation which isnt resolved yet. And the other guys in the AHL you mentioned arent anywhere ready for the NHL.
You're saying no one is given a full time job, yet you're assuming Gudbranson is a lock to make the roster...

Tallon could even trade Gudbranson by your reasoning ?

You think Tallon would trade one of his two most "underpaid" (cheaper) and best defensemen ?

As I've said we have Garrison, Weaver and Kulikov for next year... I want Ellerby there too and I think he'll grab his spot by the end of the year. That's two spots open for Gudbranson, let's say Tallon brings one premier defenseman from free agency and adds more depth (replacing the Wilsons, Callahans and co, like you said and like I said because you didn't read me well there... ) for AHL and NHL...

Gudbranson will have to beat every depth guy... I know his talent and I know he can do it... But it isn't a given, and in my scenario we only sign one defenseman (I would love Brewer or Jovo, Brewer is younger !) and some depth !

It is likely... And I would like to see Erik and our new shiny top draft pick on our opening roster next year !