Old
03-18-2011, 03:32 PM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
Interesting read.

However, it seems to me one of your arguments is that Legwand is paid top 6 money and hasn't been on one of the top 2 lines for large periods of time. Don't agree with that at all. He has been consistently on the top 2 lines for years.

Forwards.... Hartnell, Radulov.... Leipold and unfortunate poor ethics caused us to lose those forwards that we drafted, not lack of drafting.

Do we do better drafting D and G...? appears so, but I would need more examples of teams drafting very good power forwards in the later rounds to agree with your premise of that other teams are doing it and David Poile is failing at it.
SK looks like a diamond in the rough possibility. We'll see.
And let's see how Colin Wilson shakes out next year.

I think Mike Fisher and his worth will have to wait until next year for me to make a judgement. Because it's very obvious he's hurt.
Legwand is getting top-six ice time, but his role is not your stand "top-six" role (until his return from injury in December). Almost everyone get's "top-six" ice time with how the Predators roll four lines.

Working on that premise, Jerred Smithson was getting top six ice time all of last year. That doesn't make him a "top-six" forward.

My perspective here was that you don't pay a player $4.5 million to purely play a shutdown role. That is what happened here. Regardless of one's opinion of Legwand, one can find someone to play that role very effectively and much cheaper. Then you either play Legwand in an offensive role, or find another player for that role at a similar salary and trade Legwand.

David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote