View Single Post
Old
03-18-2011, 07:11 PM
flyersfan018

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyMac View Post
What about Carters 2 goals in game 4 against NJD to take a 3-1 lead (his last game he played when he broke his foot, including scoring a goal on the play that he broke his foot), or his two goals in the series clinching win against Montreal?

Did he have a bad series against Chicago? Of course, he got shut-down completely. So did the rest of his line (Richards - 2 points; Giroux - 4 points (including a 3 point game)).

I am not even a huge Carter fan, like most players there are flaws in his game I would like to see him improve on, but I don't think he deserves the label of playoff choker.
Oh, I'm certainly not disagreeing with you about Carter. I just think Briere comes up big for the Flyers when we need him most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
No more meaningful than the 1st goal.

What about the 3rd goal to make it 3-1 in a game that ends 3-2?

It's a dumb, completely random stat.

GWG last year in the playoffs:

1) against NJ, scored at the 17.27 mark of the 2nd period.
2) against NJ, scored at the 3.16 mark of the 1st period.
3) against BOS, scored at the 16.20 mark of the 2nd (to make it 2-0 in a 2-1 win).
4) against MON, scored at the 4.16 mark of the 1st period.

So, not a single 3rd period goal.
What does it matter what period it was? A game-winner is a game-winner. The top 5 leaders in GWG are Jagr, Hull, Shanahan, Selanne and Lafleur. You just don't make that list by luck. I'm not just talking about post season either. Take last night for example.

BTW, the year the Sabres beat the Flyers in the playoffs, Briere had a game winner in double overtime against us and another one in the first overtime against the Canes.

flyersfan018 is offline   Reply With Quote