View Single Post
Old
03-18-2011, 07:42 PM
BernieParent
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotScore View Post
Let me get this straight---you agree 100% with Holmgren's decision "not to put a star- OR EVEN AN ABOVE-AVERAGE G IN NETS?"

Really?

Also, why, in your opinion, was Emery's disorder not forseeable? It was caught early on after a few simple mandatory tests were done before he was to have surgery for an abdominal tear as I understand it.

As regards to the Leighton signing, I'm not sure if Isaac Newton could figure it out. Another team's dump who gets picked up by Holmgren, catches lightning in a bottle in the playoffs until the SC finals where he promptly posts a 3.96 GAA and a save percentage of .876, gets pulled in two of those games by the way. Loses the Stanley Cup on our home ice on one of the worst goals ever witnessed by man since his creation in the garden of eden.

Holmgren then signs him to a big (for Leighton) contract. Has surgery, comes back for one game, then Holmgren promptly waives him.

As for Bob, once again, no one knows what to expect from him once the playoffs roll around. If we have to go with Bouch well then we're stuck with a guy who's best days are behind him as our starter.

As of right now, I cannot see this team winning the Cup. I put the blame solely on Holmgren's shoulders.
Sorry, yeah, I meant I agree that he is determined not to, not that I agree with his thought process. I knew what I meant, at least.

Re: Emery, when he was courted and signed by Holmgren, his only injury history -- except for missing a few games with a wrist injury -- was inflammation of the ego and a broken work ethic.

BernieParent is online now   Reply With Quote