View Single Post
Old
03-18-2011, 10:01 PM
BabyJagrov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Ellerby will be on the team because he'd have to clear waivers to be sent down after training camp, same with Repik. It's just a matter of where they slot in. Ellerby's getting better, and by season's end could earn himself a spot in the top 6 instead of just being relegated to the #7 D heading into next season. Garrison earned himself a spot after a half season with us last season. Tallon gave him a 1 way. Ellerby will be a RFA this summer, and if he gets a 1-way as well then he's a virtual lock to make the team next season.
I see Repik being traded... Packaged to get a pick or something... But Tallon won't lose him on waivers like Grabner. He'll pull out the same kind of deal Vancouver did last year, including a good prospect in a package deal.

That's exactly why Ellerby will be on this team next year... He is the most likely to get traded ! But if he signs an extension, Tallon will count him in his top-6.

And I've no problem with that... Ellerby has looked good to me, pretty good. Okay he had a pretty bad stretch but he is getting out of it lately. Kulikov and Ellerby just looks like such a sweet pairing. When they play together they are gold IMO.

We really have two pairs coming in next year with Garrison-Weaver and Ellerby-Kulikov... Now Tallon just needs to find a good mentor for Gudbranson, and another veteran presence to help our blueline core. I'm thinking of Eric Brewer lately...

They are a lot of defensemen available this year, but it shouldn't be our main concern IMO

We have more to gain being in the Brad Richards sweepstakes then signing two or three talented defensemen.

And since we are in the Prospects thread...

Repik and Ellerby are prospects at the end of a cycle, they either stick or get out to find a better chance. Repik is the one going, but Ellerby will be given the chance to succeed here with the pros IMO.