Old
03-19-2011, 12:35 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
the stacked Phantoms team would save us if we had injuries. Yeah who needs draft picks and prospects. Holmgren should announce at the draft that hes giving them all away for $1. then he can go out and sign studs like Testwuide, Holmstrom, Pither, and Gus.
yeah who needs draft picks and prospects when you are in first, the core is young ect ect.
Jesus Christ, I cant believe how shortsighted people are. At what point do you start being concerned? when the core is 30? 32? Yeah lets start keeping the draft picks then. No need to have a future to look forward to until then, by then we will have racked up 6 or 7 Cups.
God I swear some of the posters around here must be 14 years old.
You start to get concerned when you start needing them. Right now, this team is young enough and talented enough that there is really no need to have a 21 year old kid step up and do something. Sure, it would be nice to have a cheap player with star potential, but with this team that is not needed. The future may be bleak with this farm team, but if a Cup is the ultimate goal, I'd rather go all in now than play it safe and try to build through the draft. I'd say its just as likely the Flyers win a Cup doing it that way than there is to the alternative.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote