View Single Post
Old
03-19-2011, 01:43 PM
NYRSchrute217

vCash: 500
Holy overraction in this thread. Weren't we a terrible team 2 weeks ago? I'm glad I've stayed calm over the time. I could realistically see the Rangers beating any team in the playoffs because they have the potential to be a great team at times.

Philly will be the most difficult to beat, and I'd like to try to avoid them at all costs. They're a similar team to the Rangers, except they are bigger, faster and have much better players offensively. If the Rangers were to play the Flyers in the playoffs, Philly could end it quickly, like in 5 games. However, the Rangers have a clear advantage in net, with Lundqvist over Bobrovsky and Boucher, and as we saw against the Capitals in 2009, Lundqvist can pretty much steal a series on his own.

Boston would be an intriguing matchup. Historically we've always played close games with them. I think we've played like 3 or 4 1-0 games over the last few seasons. They have a better defense than us, with much more playoff experience, but again despite having a great season, I don't think Thomas is as good as Lundqvist. I could see us push them to 6 or 7 and steal the series as well.

I want no part of Tampa Bay, Stamkos and St. Louis are flat out scary and they have our number. Washington has been a choking group in the playoffs and we've destroyed them twice this year, but they've won 10 of 11 and are clicking at the right time. Seems like they're focused on winning in the playoffs this year.

I don't mind playing Pittsburgh without Malkin and Crosby. But Crybaby probably will be back for the playoffs. Rangers-Habs would be a total war, but again they're faster than us and seem to have our number.

My first choice would probably be Boston, because I think we match up the best with them and have had the most success in years past.

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote