View Single Post
03-19-2011, 01:44 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by BlackNYellow View Post
Definitely understood. I work a butt load on my skating, or have, far more than I have with stickhandling. I still continue to practice skating and techniques, etc. I realize my shot(s) will come in time, I just get antsy as I believe all humans do, it is natural to want to achieve something instantly. Thank you though for the much appreciated advice!
No doubt, definitely 100% natural to want to improve as quickly as possible. As you said your shot will come with time, just keep practicing with the proper technique and you'll eventually have a good shot, but don't get too frustrated if it takes quite a while to develop a decent shot, because it almost certainly will

If you're having trouble with the weight transfer, how is your edge control and balance in general? Do you feel natural performing two footed hockey stops in both directions? If not, make this a priority, it'll help not just your stopping specifically but your edge control and balance as a whole, which will help all aspects of your game, including shooting. It's almost impossible to shoot well without being very balanced and comfortable on your edges.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote