View Single Post
Old
07-31-2005, 10:02 PM
Randall Graves*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt
So you're thinking "tougher" is going to win in the "new NHL". That guys like Parker and Fedoruk will get regular shifts even though they're pylons and will probaby allow more goals than before (if he NHL really does crack down on obstruction)...?

I'm not saying you're wrong...just clarifying. You may be right...but it seems to me that AM and DT are betting that "team toughness" and having tough guys who aren't pylons will pay off in the "new NHL." If obstruction is called, I think they'll be right...if not, they need to have a legit tough guy...not a pylon who's a liability but a guy who can fight AND play. I'm not so sure Cowan isn't that guy but I haven't seen enough of him to know for sure.
It's always important to be tough, how many teams have won championships while lacking a physical dimension?

Enforcers are important to send a message to anyone that messes with your stars..if someone crosses the line they pay the price and you start roughing up their star players.

Mario Lemieux said enforcers are important, who am I to disagree with one of the biggest stars of all time? I'm sure he knows what it's like to be abused.