View Single Post
Old
03-19-2011, 08:54 PM
puckfan13

vCash: 500
Was at the game yesterday and it was his first game in a while. Gotta give him a break since he was getting used to the pace again. If you saw him play, he is usually much better and was before the injury. I just wish he didn't have to try to come back into form with one game left in the season. He had his ice-time held back in the third period a bit because he was still re-adjusting to the pace. Lowe-Pysyk looked great out there together, so I don't know how that will affect the pairings play into his playoff ice-time.

He is so big, 6'4" and 200 lbs I believe, he could fill out another 30 lbs easy I would say. You have to keep reminding yourself he is 16. 16 years old! His skating and pivots are great for a big man, his stick is great and his passes are crisp. I always seem to think he experienced a growth spurt a year or two prior to this because it seems like he is growing into his body. He is a little more hesitant than a guy like Dumba to engage physically head-on. Maybe it's personality, but I think it will come. His stick is great anyways. It's really hard to criticize a 16 year old's game because they are so young, I don't want to say anything bad about him because next year as a 17 year old he is probably going to be an absolute beast.

I remember when I first saw him play I saw him standing out there like a big hulking caveman and I just thought, Alex Plante again. But he is definitely something special.

puckfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote