Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Canucks recall F Victor Oreskovich(post#76)
View Single Post
Old
03-19-2011, 11:57 PM
thefeebster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by quat View Post
While I agree that shift was a bit of a laugher, he wasn't all that bad in the game.

As for being reassigned, I sure can't figure it out.
He was technically speaking an emergency callup because i think we had less than 12 skaters with Glass out. Once Glass is believed to be coming back, they needed to re-assign him. Glass is coming back, so bye-bye to Oreskovich.

Quote:
The Canucks recalled winger Victor Oreskovich from the American Hockey League’s Manitoba Moose on an emergency basis, which does not count against their recall limit.

NHL teams are allowed four recalls after the trade deadline and before the end of their minor league team’s season (including playoffs). The Canucks have used one.

Gillis said that the choice of Oreskovich was “not a judgment on Cody [Hodgson] whatsoever.” The organization’s top prospect is a natural centre, and the Canucks are carrying only three centremen with Malhotra out of the lineup. Hodgson was bypassed, but not because the Canucks lack sufficient salary-cap space.

Hodgson and the Moose are in first-place of the AHL’s North Division. They are likely to make the playoffs and compete into mid-April, when the Stanley Cup playoffs begin. Gillis said he did not want to be caught in a predicament where he was out of recalls in the playoffs.

“We have to be very careful,” he said. “We may run into a problem down the road.”
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1946422/

thefeebster is online now   Reply With Quote