View Single Post
Old
03-20-2011, 12:52 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

vCash: 500
The DU-UND game was epic. UND won in 2OT 3-2, although Brittain can't really be faulted on any of the goals. He was great, made some huge saves, including two incredible stops that involved Knight. On the first play, there was a scramble in front and the puck came to Knight all alone at the side of the net. Brittain was down and out. All Knight had to do was elevate the puck on the backhand and it was in, and he did, but Brittain threw his glove up and knocked it down and then covered it. On the second play, Knight had the puck in the corner and then made a spectacular spinning backhand pass right to the blade of his teammate on the far side of the crease and Cheverie slid over like a rocket and got the shot with his pad, which was going to go in far side. I really think this kid has a bright future. He honestly looks better to me than Cheverie ever did. Every time I see him he always impresses me and I can't even remember him letting in any bad goals.

Funny game, almost none of the big guns on either team got on the scoresheet. Shore had a good game, had a couple of really good opportunities, should have got one goal but one shot that was going in the net took a miraculous bounce(for UND) off of Forbort's skate and somehow deflected from one foot if that from the goalline over the crossbar. If there's one real complaint about his game for me which I'd like to see him improve on it's that he showboats in the neutral zone too often for me and usually gets the puck stripped away. Not a huge deal though, something that might just get better with growing pains.

Knight was very good also, he made some great plays with the puck in this game either passing or shooting. He was around the net a lot tonight. I really like how he is coming along. He's definitely a finesse player but he's not afraid to get involved in the battles and in traffic and throw his weight around.

LaPoint had a solid steady game as usual. He was really good in his own end, really boxed out well in front of his net. He managed the puck well and played very smartly within his limits, made nice little passes and chips out of his zone. Stuff that rarely gets noticed but makes a difference in a game when it adds up.

Lee was solid, was good carrying the puck up ice, got a couple good shots off, and was decent in his own end. He also threw a couple nice hits.