View Single Post
Old
10-13-2003, 02:47 AM
NYIsles1*

vCash: 500
What a lot of folks may not remember is Peca's comments about game five being Cujo's last game in Toronto beforehand and Tucker's comments saying he was going to get or take out Peca or words close to that.

When the injury happened Peca was playing a shift on defense for Kenny Jonsson at the tail end of a powerplay and the only time he had played the point ever for the Isles and he was looking at his outlet pass.

It was a lot like the hit on Chara that almost injured him last season but Peca did not go low like a hip check motion.

At the time Joe Micheletti ripped Tucker like I have never seen him rip anyone in his time here and as a former asst coach and player he can tell the difference. The Isles broadcasters are not Islander employees so they have no agenda or orders to sell the product to the fans and are always very objective. Micheletti did not back off later in the series.

I see the Tucker hit like I see Corson's kick at Cairns in game six.

But it was a memorable series where the Isles gave a great fight and lost by a goal in game seven. They really lost the series in games one and two.