View Single Post
Old
03-20-2011, 09:51 AM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
To use your words, that's all great, but would that UN-injure Hank? Would it prevent Pouliot from driving to the net in the future? Sorry, but the answer to both is a resounding no. So, your suggested course of action (ESPECIALLY with the ref standing there telling him "I've got him") does nothing other than hurt us.

Furthermore, by your rationale, since "all" it does is cost us a penalty, tomorrow we should call up the worst player on the Whale and have him attack Crosby. Sure, he'll be kicked out of the game and we'll have to weather a 5 min penalty, but hey that's a good deal for us.

C'mon, guys. Frontier justice satisfies your own desire for retribution, but it does nothing to help the team - especially for this team, which is plenty tough. It's not 1977 anymore, much as some of you wish it was.
Maybe you're right. OTOH I expect that even you agree that Lundqvist is our most important player--not just because he's our starting goaltender either but because he's at least top 5 at his position in the league and he just got run over by a freight train that didn't even bother to put on the brakes. Could have easily been a serious injury there and to our most important player at the most important position--and might as well mention Henrik goes down and then Johnson and Talbot are our only two options--both inexperienced. So no I would not have minded if Boyle started slugging Pouliot right then and there. Would it prove a lot? Probably not much but I think you're overstating the case that the game was in doubt. We're still ahead by two goals with a couple minutes to go. Pouliot was already going off. So at worst it would have been a 4 on 4 instead of a pwp against a depleted Canadiens roster.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote