View Single Post
Old
03-20-2011, 04:33 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I'd be harsher and say that if you happen to sign in, and don't show yourself at all, you'll be out for the upcoming 3 mock drafts....but that's just me....Also we've seen posters saying that after 3 rounds, they don't know the guys enough, that to me is enough for my 3-year ban.....You know that it's headed towards a minimum of 5 rounds. You need to be willing to do the whole exercice. Yet, there are reasons why you can't attend and that's all good, that's why there's a reserve list. But to me those 2 reasons are not good enough and isn't too fair for the people who participate in this. 5 to 7 rounds is great...but it needs to roll.
Yeah we definitely need to have 30 dedicated guys if we want to go a full 7 rounds again. Those who don't make their picks and just ignore the fact that they're a member of the mock draft will most certainly not be invited back again.

While we do this to have fun, we also need to be serious about it because we're all draft/prospect fanatics and we don't want the fun being ruined by a few bad apples.

I know the invites may look unfair to certain people and make it seem like it's an exclusive club or something, but there's a reason why we (myself, you and nhldraftvideo last year through PM's) decided to go this way. We got tired of posters with 200 or so posts joining only to be never heard from again and it obviously slows down the draft process.

Maybe it's just me, but I thought last years draft went pretty damn well, and I think the main reason for that was the fact that we had so many active/dedicated guys due to going invite only.

edit: Still haven't received any PM's yet. If anyone is interested, please read post 49.