View Single Post
Old
03-20-2011, 07:48 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Chaser View Post
The puck is on his stick in that picture, makes me sick to my stomach actually. He needs a big post season this year, his last couple have left more to be desired,hopefully his recent play can carry over because this team needs it with the way that they have been playing recently.

Some people will never buy into this whole Clutch argument, they talk about it on Mike & Mike In the Morning on ESPN radio every now and then as well. Depends on how you were brought up and view percentages I suppose, or tends to be the dividing difference between people's opinions on the matter.

But the big thing that has been happening this year specifically that gets national media attention is Miami Heat and LeBron James only hitting 1 of his 18 ( at the time i heard the broadcast ) shots to tie a game or take the lead in the final 60 seconds of a basketball game. D'wayne Wade (sp?) conversely has shot at a much higher clip over the season and career, plus has the hardware to back his case up for having the ball in his hands to take the shot. But he's apparently not the "better" player.

Certain moments in games can have weighted momentum swings/importance and often the same players find themselves to pull through in those exact situations, thus coining the term "clutch" to some people.
Good post.

Yes, Carter needs to pot some clutch goals to establish himself as a Flyer great.

Don't forget this one: