View Single Post
Old
10-13-2003, 06:25 AM
303Joe

vCash: 500
You didn't miss much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotiFan03
I missed the game versus Columbus. For those that watched the game I have a question. Did Sather start mixing and matching line combinations when he saw his team was playing terrible? I think that if the Lindros line starts playing poorly that Barnaby, Lacoutore, or Simon should immediately be moved up to the Lindros line to help add a spark! That is what Sather has to do to get his players into the game.

Also I think that the top three lines could really use a little more youth. I really wish Garth Murray was ready for the NHL. I would put him on the Lindros line right away because he is the type of player the Rangers need on one of the top two lines to add some grit, hunger, and desire. Not sure if Carter, Lindros, or Rosie have that yet. Those guys need a spark plug.
As you see from the posts in this thread the Rangers were very sloppy from start to finish. Took to many lazy penalties and just an overall bad game. Team looked very confused most of the game. Remember its only 2 games and the rangers have plenty of time to turn it around they also have several days off to practice prior to thier home opener on thurs. And if I may ask a question if Rosie, Carter and Lindros don't have the grit, hunger and desire yet when do you think they will get this? Lindros is not the same players from a few years ago as you guys have seen, Rosie is a small soft forward. Yes he'll get you his 20 goals but I'm sure you guys would much rather see a very hard 12-15 goals from Barnaby who plays at 100% every night then Rosies 20 unispired. But don't give up on Carter yet the guy is one of the few that has been trying the 1st few games.