View Single Post
Old
03-21-2011, 10:39 AM
CptCannon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
This is where it gets interesting, Meszaros and Carle are playing really well together, does Laviolette try and tweek some things?

Pronger-Carle
Timonen-Coburn
O'Donnell-Meszaros

or if Gustaffson steps up does Laviollette look at a couple more mobile d-men on the back? (Highly unlikely, but it gives some more defensive mobility out of the back)
First of all, Gustafsson was sent down to ADK. I would've liked to see him more in the NHL. The top5 in D is pretty much locked and O'D, Boynton and Gust are all competing for the 6th slot.

O'D and Boynton are same sort of players but O'Donnell is better with the puck, though he seem to be running out of gas while Boynton should be rather fresh due to sitting in the pressbox for majority of the season.

Gustafsson is alot faster than those two and better with the puck, but he's rookie and bound to make some rookie mistakes in the games, while O'D and Boynton are both Cup-winner veterans.

If I were Laviolette, I'd have given Gustafsson some more games to play and let O'D rest. This would have helped Gust to adjust to NHL game and let O'D refill his energy-tank. Then upon playoff-time have O'D as 6th, Gust as 7th and Boynton as 8th D-man.

Though, now it seems Laviolette has chosen to play O'D now and use him as the 6th guy while Boynton takes the 7th spot in his papers dropping Gustafsson as 8th, only to be played in case of two major injuries to the D.

Oh right, this thread was mainly about Carter... yeah that Nodl-Carter-Giroux line looks pretty nice to me. If that doesn't work... try either Versteeg or JvR with JC and G.