View Single Post
Old
03-21-2011, 10:21 AM
Millhaus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsWolverinesUSA View Post
See the above salary table I pasted in. Feel free to discuss any estimates you feel are unreasonably low. And let's not start down the road of seriously discussing whether they'll prioritize acting like nice guys over keeping a two-time Norris finalist. If we're taking the premise that the team is 100% committed to bringing all of the cast of characters who star in a hypothetical deep playoff run, then something has to give, and that something will be fringe players before it's star players.
I can't see Hannan and Arnott feeling like they need to take 33% pay cuts coming off a cup. And coming off a cup I also feel Knuble and Laich will want more than what you have allotted. Also Wideman's cap hit is $3.937.5 and Chimera's $1.875, not big differences to what you have but still.

The only realistic scenario with Poti IMO that helps with the cap is that he is on LTIR for the rest of his career. But that only allows them to exceed the cap, it doesn't gain them any cap space, so that would mean they are up against the cap for 2 more years.