I wish you step back from that ledge my friend...
View Single Post
03-21-2011, 10:27 AM
1 nation under Oil
Join Date: Mar 2011
Originally Posted by
I think everyone needs a little reminder.
- The team has not lost 2 games in a row in a month.
- Since Jan 1st, 20-10-5, 45 points in 35 games (almost 65% of all possibly points)
- Still in 8th with a 3 point cusion
- 113 GF in last 35 games (3.22 GFPG), 100 GA (2.85 GAPG)
- Teams best players have been playing better overall (Vanek, Pominville, Myers, Ennis, even Connolly the past few games)
Yes, you can pull out plenty of stats that make them look bad too. But the fact of the matter is that they dug themselves out of a deep hole and have been playing good hockey overall for a while now. Are they a stanley cup contender? No, but they're in a better place than thought back in November.
Relax a little, look at the bigger picture. Let them finish the season at least before you cast them off as failures.
It's just hard accepting that loss, it's going to take time to get over that. I wish they played again tonight. I mean they DOMINATED that game, but squandered so many chances to make it a blowout, and then collapsed. That's just unacceptable, you want the team to have a killer instinct this time of year.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Play4Miracles*