View Single Post
Old
10-13-2003, 05:37 AM
Davisian

vCash: 500
"It's Only Two Games..."

Everyone's favorite re`son de rationalization...

It's not a very good excuse for this team, as points are always at a premium, and they looked so HORRRIBLE for those games which gives little reason for hope..

But it does hold a kernal of truth in that there's plenty of time to turn things around, and having this many days off until the next one, they can stew on things and look in the mirror..

Mistakes are one thing, they'll happen, but there were far too many, and far too many unforgiveable ones..

The biggest problem I saw was a complete lack of emotion and energy, which is UNFORGIVABLE..

I'm not singling anyone out yet, as they all have sucked, but I think there needs to be a lineup change somewhere.. Need to get Barnaby or Keefe up on a top line for a little bit, to get some energy going, and if Messier's line's going to play so much, then put a little more speed on his wings..

Don't know who should sit first, but Keefe needs to get into a game and provide a spark..

Rosie Nedved Kovalev

Barnaby Lindros Lundmark

Keefe Holik LaCouture

Simon Messier Carter..

I know, Hlavac fans will say, "sit Rosie" and Rosie fans will say "sit Carter" and Carter fans will say "sit Simon" etc. etc.. Fine, I don't care who gets the first hook, but I think there needs to be a energy injection into the top lines for a game or two..

Can't do much about the D at this point, but might try to juggle the pairs..