View Single Post
Old
03-21-2011, 06:12 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

vCash: 500
Sorry but all this talk about possibly moving Mike Green to me is absurd. Are we all that impressed with Wideman after 3 weeks. I've liked what I've seen from Wideman, but not to the point that I think we can afford to now move forward without Mike Green. Green's defensive game was surely improving this year and when paired with Hannan seemed to play better. I compare Hannan's influence on Green's game to how Willie Mitchell improved Kevin Bieska's game. I believe Green is still developing as a defenseman and their's aspects of his game we've yet to see. Whereas Jeff Schultz imho has topped out and this is what we'll forever see from him, thus Jeff Schultz is the guy that needs to be moved come the off season.

The "what have you done for us lately" crowd needs to settle down on both Green and Poti. Injuries are part of the game. Let's remember that Poti was our best defenseman in the series against Montreal last year until he got the puck in the face in game 6. I'd take Poti over Schultz any day. Poti with his long stick probably has just as much reach as Schultz does with his stick.

Hannan-Green
Alzner-Carlson
Poti/Erskine-Wideman